Friday, October 29, 2010

Oh, To Be Like Thee

"Oh, to be like thee, Oh, to be like thee,
Blessed Redeemer, pure as thou art.
Come in thy sweetness, come in thy fullness,
Stamp thine own image, deep on my heart."

"The tongue has the power of life and death,
and those who love it will eat its fruit."
                                     Proverbs 18:21

"God saw all that he had made
and it was very good."
                                  Genesis 1:31

God took the time after he had spoken and created the heavens and the earth to make man in his own image and breathe into his nostrils (Genesis 2:7). No other part of his creation did he get as involved as in the creation of man and woman.
He also sent his only begotten Son to die for this man that he created, He loved him so.

My soul cries out the chorus of the old hymn above as I prepare for the debut of my book tonight. Lord, have your way.

I'm excited, but tempered. I'm excited about what God is about to do in the lives of men and women, especially that of African American men and women. There's a movement coming and I'm glad to be a participant with God, a vessel that he can use to help bring it about. I'm humbled and filled with joy that I can be an instrument of good tidings, of good news to a hurting people. "Oh say but I'm glad, I'm glad." (Another old hymn)

There's a lot that I can say on the subject, but I don't know that this is the forum for it right now. I just want to say, please pray for me. We're the family of God, the Body of Christ and there's a large segment of our body and in our country that needs understanding and healing.

Your comments are welcome.

God Bless.

If you're interested, you can tune in live at 8pm (eastern) tonight. New Vision International Ministries is interviewing me about the book and having a men's discussion panel. However, my heart is to see God move among the men and women in attendance- to spark change. www.nvim.org.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Beverly! Congratulations. Sorry I missed the broadcast. I wish I could have heard it. I'm sure your book will touch the lives of many. I pray that God will continue to do great things in your writing ministry.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy for being the blessing that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beverly -

    It was my pleasure to watch "On Demand" your public book presentation forum.

    It was such a blessing to witness the fruit that the Lord allowed you to bear, and the fruit that this book project has bore.

    I noticed the attentiveness of the attendees. I observed one man in the audience leaning forward with intense interest. Starlet was superb. The questions were spirited. It was a joy to engage in what the Lord was demonstrating!

    You were humble, gracious, warm in tone with love that shone through! Your answers were on point and of impact.

    Thank you, Beverly, for obeying the Lord...

    THANK YOU, LORD, FOR ANOTHER "SHOWTIME" in the name of JESUS and for Your awesome glory!

    ReplyDelete